What is this grant?
The Computing Partnerships Grant helps close the gaps in computer science and information technology (CS/IT) opportunities for students. The goal of this program is to grow Utah’s CS/IT talent and workforce by working with education and industry partners to craft objectives and tactics for students grades K–16 to have broader access to CS/IT courses and principles. Recipients of this grant have supported after-school and summer programs, professional learning workshops, increased course offerings and more.
- These grants will be supported with funds provided by the 2017 legislature via Senate Bill (SB) 190.
- Applicants may request funds for 1–3 years.
- Consortia must include two or more LEAs or schools.
Who can apply?
Public K-12 schools (elementary, junior/middle, high), districts and charter schools, and consortium applicants are eligible to apply for funding. Grant awardees from the pilot program (High School STEM Industry Certification Computer Science and Information Technology Pathways Project) are eligible to apply for continuing funding.
What is the timeline?
- Application opens for submissions: February 1, 2020
- Applications are due: March 27, 2020
- 1st Report due: September 30, 2020
- 2nd Report due: January 30, 2021
- 3rd Report due: May 30, 2021
- Applicants and grant recipients must attend to all deadlines. No late applications or paperwork will be accepted.
For questions about this grant, please email Lynn Purdin at firstname.lastname@example.org