STEM PREK-12 CLASSROOM GRANT
Grant requests vary, with a maximum award of $1,500. The funding should be used to cover needed project materials, admission fees, and/or travel for a field trip.
Funding IS NOT available for:
- Technology or other products used solely by the educator (laptop, iPad, smart board, etc.)
- Activities that take place outside of Utah
- Teacher professional development/training
- Salaries or stipends for educators or support staff
- Student competition expenses
- Busing for travel to Utah STEM fest (please see the STEM Fest website)
- Math or CTE software provided through other STEM Action Center grants
- Food and apparel
- Application opens for submissions: November 5, 2018
- Applications are due: December 21, 2018
- Applicants notified of outcome: January 21, 2019
- Signed agreement, invoice, and W-9 uploaded: No later than March 1, 2019
- Receipts uploaded: No later than June 1, 2019
- Follow-up report due: No later than June 1, 2019
Applicants and grant recipients must attend to all deadlines. No late applications or paperwork will be accepted.
- While we are completely supportive of content-area literacy, we cannot use classroom grant funds to purchase books or other reading materials, for either student or teacher use.
- Reviewers are asked to rate creativity and originality. Keep this in mind especially if you are requesting a “kit”. How are you going to use it in a new, original way?
- Please, please, please use your own words. Just as it is frustrating to grade student work that has been copied and pasted, it is very difficult to accurately assess your grant proposal if you do not explain your plan in your own words.
- STEM fest busing scholarships are available through a different fund. For more information, see the STEM Fest website.
- Make sure this is the right grant for you. Teaching WITH technology is important, but that does not make a STEM lesson or activity, which would need to teach ABOUT science, technology, engineering, or math. If you are looking for technology to specifically support a learning outcome, consider applying for a Centurylink Grant.
- CenturyLink Grant: https://online.foundationsource.com/public/home/CenturyLinkGrant
- Chevron: http://www.fuelyourschool.com/
Application For questions not answered on this site, please email Kellie Yates (email@example.com).